Editor's Note: Today I am wearing shoes by Coach and a dress by Theory.
In October of 2014, I started my adventure to live the life of a skinny girl! I had a ways to go since at age 55 more than 20 lbs had crept on to my aging body. I came up with a recipe for success that works for me. I am proud to say as I have mentioned in my blog before that I have lost 25 lbs and feel younger, lighter, and so much happier! Here is my recipe for a skinny girl life you might want to try it.. it could work for you! It sure has added a spark to my life!
1. I take a bubble bath almost everyday. While the water is running and filling up the tub I lift 10 lbs weights doing an arm curl, lifting them above my shoulders, and behind my back to work the muscles in my arm. My favorite bath products are Thyme Lavender, Bath & Body Works Vanilla Sugar, and Agraria. This brief 10 lbs weight session has totally transformed my arms and my back and can fit into anyone's schedule!
2. I work-out on the treadmill on Saturday and Sunday for 30 mins. I have my music blaring and sing to the music while I am on the treadmill. I can easily entertain myself!
3. I have completely cut out carbs. So for dinner, I have substituted my side dishes to be either a salad or veggie dish. My favorite being sliced zucchini covered with a flavored oil, slap your mama seasoning and Swiss cheese! When I want what I considered a decadent snack I eat bold flavored cheeses. My favorite being truffle cheese! I also snack on nuts.
4. I have cut out all sugar expect for wine. I do miss some of my sweet so I have a Russell Stovers sugar-free chocolate every day for lunch and dinner. This satisfied my sweet tooth and I can't taste the difference and I do not feel deprived.
5. Don't worry, even with cutting out sugar you can still have your after work cocktail and wine! My favorite after-work cocktail is a vodka with sparkling water and a fresh lime. I treat myself to fresh squeezed lime from Central Market that I bought in my water during the day and my vodka at night. I love my chardonnay and maybe I would loose another 10 lbs but maybe I wouldn't want to live... Life has to have some fun to it!
This is my favorite wine. My old assistant Mackenzie got married in Becker Vineyards and I fell in love with the wine that weekend!
Agraria Lemon Verbena bath salt is my favorite!
This quote is so true!
One of my favorite skinny side dishes is egg plant sliced thickly seasoned with oregano oil, slam your mama, and Swiss cheese. Any white cheese could really do! Bake on 375 for 20-25 minutes until cheese is browning. The rack of lamb I buy from Costco and I bake fat side up seasoned with Tony Chachere and rosemary. This needs to cook for 30 minutes for 375/400 depending on how hot your oven is. Delicious!
I adore Al Green.